What you should know about this I-CAB Certified Harassment Prevention Training:
- Harassment has many forms, and functions. It can be tough to spot if you don’t know what you are looking for.
- This online Training will address the various forms of harassment, and explain:
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Employee Complaint procedures
- Finally, it will identify the potential for legal repercussions.
||Certificate Awarded upon Successful Completion
- What constitutes sexual and other types of harassment, and retaliation
- The difference between impact and intent
- How to effectively prevent harassment
- How to effectively respond should harassment occur
- Manager and supervisor responsibilities and liability
- How and why to use the company complaint procedure
- The importance of good citizenship in the workplace community
Keep in mind, that for courses based on “Equipment Operation” (ie: Forklift), “Life Safety”(ie: Body Harness) or “Life Preservation” (ie: Standard First Aid) Worker competency must be proven before a person can be considered fully trained. Competency evaluations are attached to each course requiring one in our database. Just be sure you have a competent person evaluating. For more information on competency, you can give us a call or read up on it, as described by the COAA here…
All training can be viewed by logging into the site via the “Sign Up” Button on each of the packages.